- What is accusatory language?
- Is accusatory a tone?
- What does exonerate mean?
- What is the antonym for accusation?
- What is the opposite of accused?
- Is accusatory a real word?
- What is the meaning of pragmatic?
- What defend means?
- What’s the meaning of plaintiff?
- What’s another word for accused?
- What is another word for wrongly accused?
- What does it mean to accuse someone of something?
What is accusatory language?
: accusing or blaming someone : assigning blame or fault.
See the full definition for accusatory in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
Is accusatory a tone?
An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
What does exonerate mean?
to clear, as of an accusation; free from guilt or blame; exculpate: He was exonerated from the accusation of cheating. to relieve, as from an obligation, duty, or task.
What is the antonym for accusation?
What is the opposite of accusation?commendationaccoladeapprovalcomplimentcreditencomiumflatterylaudationrespectacclaim11 more rows
What is the opposite of accused?
▲ Opposite of one who is sued and called upon to make satisfaction for a wrong complained of by another. plaintiff. accuser. claimant.
Is accusatory a real word?
The adjective accusatory is popular in murder mysteries. Screaming, “The butler did it!” is accusatory. Giving someone the evil eye is accusatory. Sometimes accusatory words or actions are obvious, and other times they’re subtle.
What is the meaning of pragmatic?
1 : relating to matters of fact or practical affairs often to the exclusion of intellectual or artistic matters : practical as opposed to idealistic pragmatic men of power have had no time or inclination to deal with … social morality— K. B. Clark.
What defend means?
1. Defend, guard, preserve, protect all mean to keep safe. To defend is to strive to keep safe by resisting attack: to defend one’s country.
What’s the meaning of plaintiff?
a person who brings suit in a court (opposed to defendant).
What’s another word for accused?
SYNONYMS FOR accuse 1 arraign, indict; incriminate, impeach.
What is another word for wrongly accused?
What is another word for false accusation?smearlibelinsultmudslingingstaintaintaffrontfalse imputationfalse reportwhispering campaign167 more rows
What does it mean to accuse someone of something?
to say that someone has done something wrong or committed a crime. accuse someone of something: Her employers accused her of theft.